LONDON: Day 2

Greetings! Time here is 10:17pm and we've just gotten back into the room from a pretty full day. I'll do my best to recap in some sort of orderly fashion...

We were up at 8 so we could grab some breakfast in the breakfast room. Unfortunately, we got there just before its end and it was too full for us to sit down. But no matter - we went to Pret A Manger, which was just down the street. I was happy to purchase a organic strawberry jam and butter sandwich. VERY British and very yummy!

Seen here:

After eating, we found a FREE walking tour that started at 11am. This was the "Royal London" tour, which covered sights such as Buckingham Palace and West Minster Abbey.

So, we took the good ol' tube to our destination. The station just happens to be down the street from our hotel, cleverly planned if I do say so myself:

And while waiting for the tour to begin...



The tour guide was the most adorable British girl ever and I love her.

And now I present you with... SELECT PICTURES FROM THE WALKING TOUR:

Buckingham Palace:


Parliament / Westminster Abbey / Big Ben:


Trafalgar Square:


The walking tour was about 3 hours long. Afterwards, our adorable tour guide took us to a restaurant where we were able to get 25% off - I paid 4 pounds for my sandwich. Not too shabby!

After eating, Mike and I found a supermarket where we bought the correct plug adapter (we had the wrong one with us), came back to the hotel for an hour or so to regroup, and then headed back out to the South Bank of London to eat and take a ride on the London Eye.

I *loved* South Bank. We didn't get to see quite all of it, but what we did see was fantastic. South Bank is located on the Thames River, across the water from where we'd spent our day on the walking tour.

The London Eye. It's pretty big:

This is an upside down cow:

Pictures from water side:


Grabbed dinner at a little cafe, and then walked up and down the water until our scheduled Eye ticket time.

Being introspective at dinner:

The London Eye was a fun little trip. Nice to see all of London from a high point. I can't believe how big this city is. I really had no idea in coming here.

Pictures from atop the Eye:


Believe it or not (most likely believe it since it's me), these are not all of the pictures that have been taken. If I tried to upload every single picture I've taken, I'd be here all night.

LUCKILY, if you are interested in all of the photos taken, they can be seen in the ever growing Facebook album:


So, with that, I believe that is all for today.

TOMORROW: We're taking a 5:25am train into Paris for the day... so expect another epic blog upon our return!

*K

2 comments:

    On June 16, 2009 at 7:25 PM Anonymous said...

    Have a Great Time in Paris tommorrow!! The pictures are great. Can't wait for the next entry! Love You Guys, Mom

     
    On June 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM Anonymous said...

    Yay! Looks like you two are having so much fun! Thanks for posting. :)

    -Liz A.

     

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum